Tenure track faculty position
2020-2021 Academic Year
The Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Entomology invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at all levels commencing from the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications will be accepted until September 22, 2019.
Priority will be given to candidates who show originality and potential at any aspect of Entomology, either at the molecular, physiological or ecological level, relevant to agriculture and the environment.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have a strong track record in research, outstanding academic credentials and a strong commitment to undergraduate and graduate education. Candidates should have a Ph.D. and Postdoctoral experience. Starting rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications. Filling of the positions will be dependent on availability of resources.
Successful candidates will be expected to establish and lead independent and original research teams, to obtain competitive research grants, to supervise graduate students, to teach courses in Hebrew at the undergraduate and graduate levels (as required by their department), and to contribute to department and faculty activities. The Hebrew University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from Arab candidates.
Applications should be submitted via the following website:
First “Create an account” if you do not already have one;
then “Sign In”; select “The Faculty of Agriculture Food and Environment”;
select position “Faculty of Agriculture Tenure Track Faculty Positions - 2020”;
click “Apply” and continue the application process in the position’s site
Applications should include the following documents in English (preferably in PDF format):
- Curriculum Vitae (according to the instructions in Appendix B ).
- List of publications (according to the instructions in Appendix C ).
- Scientific Biography (1-3 pages) as a summary of previous achievements.
- A detailed description of future research plans, preferably in the form of a research
- Teaching interests and specific courses planned.
- Previous teaching experience, including evaluation reports (if available).
- PDF files of 3 key articles.
- Recommendation letters from the candidate’s Ph.D. and postdoctoral advisors. (These should be sent directly to the Faculty’s contact person, Mrs. Janine Harpaz – see below).
- A list of 3 additional academicians (name, name of institute and e-mail address) who may be approached by the Faculty to evaluate the candidate’s qualifications for the requested academic position.
- Signed declaration regarding relatives employed by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (form to be filled out on the website).
Recommendation letters and enquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Mrs. Janine Harpaz
Academic Appointments and Promotions
The Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
P.O. Box 12
Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL
Applications will be accepted until September 22, 2019.
Head of Department: Prof. Boaz Yuval (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )