- A universal platform (IL-60) for expression and silencing in plants.
- The use of the IL60 platform for protecting plants from viruses, bacteria (including phytoplasmas) and fungi.
- Innate immunity in plants.
- RNA silencing of plant and viral gene expression.
- Integration of viral RNA sequences into host genomes.
- Bee viruses.
- Exchange of genetic information between Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus (IAPV) and the bee genome and its relation to Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD).
- RNA silencing in bees as a tool to control IAPV (and CCD), and bee parasites (Varroa, Nosema).
Recipient of Research grants from: University internal grants, Volkswagen Foundation, BSF, NIH, Roche, BARD, GIF, Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Industry and Commerce, Industrial sources in Israel, Industrial sources in the USA.