Representing Research Activities
- Cohen, E. and Casida, J. E. 1980. Properties of Tribolium gut chitin synthetase. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 13: 121-128.
- Cohen, E. and Casida, J. E. 1980. Inhibition of Tribolium gut chitin synthetase. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol. 13: 129-136.
- Cohen, E. 1982. In vitro chitin synthesis in an insect: formation and structure of microfibrils. Europ. J. Cell Biol. 16: 289-294.
- Chitin biochemistry
- Genes coding for chitin synthase in insects
- Photostabilization of biocontrol agents
- Resistance and resistance management of insect pests
- Biochemical mechanisms of resistance in insect pests
- Biological clocks and circadian rhythms in insects
- B.Sc. (1962) Faculty of Agriculture, the Hebrew University.
- M.Sc. (1964) Faculty of Agriculture, the Hebrew University.
- Ph.D. (1970) Dept. of Organic Chemistry, the Hebrew University.
- Postdoc (1971-1972) Dept. of Biological Sciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
Academic degrees and appointments:
- 1972 Lecturer -Tel Aviv University
- 2000-2003 Head Dept. of Entomology
- Introduction to Pest Control
- Chemical Control of Pests
- Toxicology of Pesticides
Cohen, E. 1987. Chitin biochemistry: Synthesis and inhibition. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 32, 71-93.
Cohen, E., G. B. Quistad and J. E. Casida, 1966. Cytotoxicity of nimbolide, epoxyazadiradione and other limonoids from neem insecticide. Life Sci. 58, 1075-1081. Read more about Prof. Ephraim Cohen